Mobile-Friendly Web Design: Benefits for Businesses!Orhun Karadag
Mobile-Friendly web design is essential for any business in today’s world. If a visitor to your website cannot easily find the information they need and see an easy way to get in touch with you, they will probably move on to one of your competitors. In fact, statistics show that around 60% of users will abandon a website if it is not mobile-friendly at first glance. It’s no wonder that businesses are switching to fully mobile-friendly websites as fast as possible.
As the world becomes increasingly mobile, having a website that is friendly to mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets is more important than ever before. In this blog post, we’ll discuss why you need a mobile-friendly site for your business and some of the benefits of having one as soon as possible.
What Does “Mobile-Friendly” Mean?
Mobile-friendly web design is simply the creation of a website that is optimised for viewing on a mobile device. This means that the site employs a design that is easy to use with a finger, not a mouse, and does not require the user to zoom in and out as they read.
When a site is mobile friendly, it is easy to find whatever information you need quickly, without having to zoom in or scroll sideways. It is also easy to navigate and find contact information. If your website is not mobile-friendly, it will appear distorted and unreadable when viewed on a phone, making it almost impossible for a visitor to find what they are looking for.
If a visitor cannot easily navigate your website, they are much more likely to leave your site and visit one of your competitors.
Mobile-friendliness is important because it is now the rule, not the exception. Mobile internet usage has surpassed desktop usage since 2017. So even if your website is designed for desktop devices, users will mostly be using their mobile devices to access it. Considering that Google is now using mobile-first indexing, it is vital that your website is designed with mobile devices in mind.
If you don’t have your website optimised for mobile, you will miss out on a huge chunk of potential clients.
You need to make sure that your site is designed to be as accessible as possible to both new and returning visitors.
Here are the 8 features of a great mobile-friendly website:
- Responsive web design approach makes it possible for the website respond to the user’s behavior and device. Responsive websites are compatible with all screen resolutions. Responsive web design creates a great user experience while costing less as it is not necessary to design two separate websites (one for mobile and one for desktop).
- Any text on the website must be easily readable for the convenience of the users. It is vital for maintaining the professional look across a variety of devices.
- High-quality and optimized images that don’t need zooming or scrolling. High-quality graphics and images make a good impression on the target audience.
- Simple, yet stylish background. Simple backgrounds are key to put the content and high-quality images on the spotlight.
- The use of proper color palette throughout the website has the ability to create a positive impact on the visitors. Therefore increases the conversions.
- Clear call-to-actions. CTAs push visitors to become real customers or clients.
- Simple forms. Forms on a mobile-friendly website need to be short and ask only the necessary information. Clear and simple forms are important for high conversion rates.
- Straightforward icon layout for convenient navigation through the mobile site.
Mobile-friendly web design continues to rise in importance as mobile devices increase in popularity and become the dominant way to browse the web.
If you own a business website, you should most definitely be implementing a mobile web design strategy. Data has proven that mobile web design increases engagement with your visitors and provides a much better user experience, which is a huge benefit for your business.
Benefits of Mobile-Friendly Website Design
1) You’ll increase your reach
In parallel with the rising popularity of mobile devices, the majority of website traffic these days is coming from mobile devices instead of personal computers. If you don’t have a mobile-friendly website, you’re losing out on potential clients. A mobile-friendly website makes it easy for people to find your services from their phones, increasing your reach and helping you connect with a larger audience. Unless you want to be left in the dust when it comes to your particular business or niche, then a mobile-friendly website is a must.
2) Increased online sales
People who browse the web from their phones are often looking to make a purchase. It has been shown that mobile users are completing purchases at a higher rate than those who access a website or online shop with a more traditional device.
If your site isn’t mobile-friendly, you’re missing out on potential sales. A mobile-friendly website is easy to navigate, making it easy for people to find what they’re looking for and make a purchase.
3) Improved search engine rankings
Google has rolled out mobile-first indexing in 2018 which means that mobile version of your site in the Google index now, whereas it used to index the desktop version of your site first. This switch is made because searches come from mobile devices increasingly. If your website isn’t mobile-friendly, Google will lower your ranking. Mobile friendly web design helps you to obtain better rankings in the search results.
4) Better customer satisfaction
If your website is difficult to navigate, people will quickly get frustrated and move on to a competitor. A mobile-friendly site offers a much better user experience with easy navigation and mobile-optimised features. This will increase customer satisfaction and keep people on your site longer. Which will decrease the bounce rate and increase the conversion rates.
Mobile websites are a cost effective solution for the most of the business than having a mobile app. Most widely used mobile operating systems are IOS and Android. Regardless of the operating system, development process of a mobile app is longer and costly than a website. Furthermore costs that should be considered for a mobile app don’t end with the initial launch. Support and maintenance of an app is usually higher than mobile websites.
Your website is one of the most important aspects of your business, and it needs to be designed to be mobile-friendly. By making your website mobile-friendly, you can increase your reach, improve your online sales, boost your search engine rankings, and increase customer satisfaction.